Updated: 13 December 2010, 18:03
Socialism has never been tried. Socialism is not about emotional hype, or hating anyone. Socialists want you to understand how capitalism works and why it cannot serve the interests of the working class (everyone who must work, or depend upon social programs, for a living).
When people understand why capitalism cannot work for them, the structure of society needed to solve our problems becomes clear.
Very briefly, socialism must mean:
- No Money - because socialism means common ownership. A moneyless society because money will be unnecessary and clearly contributes to today’s problems.
- No Poverty and No Wages - because all work will be voluntary, and people will just take what they need from what is produced.
- No Government - because governments rule over people. Socialist administration will be real democracy.
- No Countries - because countries are artificial divisions between people which do not serve the majority.
- No Wars - because the causes of wars (ownership and control of resources, trade routes, and markets, and the poverty caused by capitalism) will be gone. All of the other supposed causes of war (including greed, power madness, “self-determination of peoples”, racism and religion) fall into, or result from, the previous general categories.
- No Leaders - because leaders are inherently undemocratic.
- No Left-wing, Right-wing, or Centrist Politics - because they are all part of capitalism. No political parties at all will be necessary.